Happy Monday Everyone,
Seems like the weekend came and went in a blink. As I am waiting for my 6.45am bus I decided to share with you my favorite go to, easy breezy, slow roasted whole chicken recipe with roasted vegetables. I make a variation of this recipe almost every weekend. When and if there are any leftovers left, I use the meat in easy weekday lunch or dinner recipes.
This Saturday I made garlic parsley whole chicken roasted with potatoes and carrots. Besides, defrosting the chicken, the whole recipe took me less than 2 hours of roasting time and about half an hour of prep-time. One of my favorite things about making this dish is the smell of roasting chicken wafting throughout my home igniting my appetite and bringing me in to stress free state of mind. I hope you make this dish and enjoy your experience. Perhaps, you will develop your own take on it.
What you will need:
1. 4-5 lb. organic whole chicken with skin on
2. Garlic parsley salt to taste
3. Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4. 1/2 cup of olive oil
5. 4-5 large, scrubbed, washed and sliced in to wedges potatoes
6. 1lb of carrots peeled and cut in half
Let’s start cooking:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and pat dry the whole chicken
3. Rub garlic parsley salt all over the chicken and sprinkle some in the cavity. Baste the chicken with olive oil. Place in roasting pan. Bake for an hour covered in aluminum paper. After 1 hour, remove the aluminum paper and bake the kitchen for another hour or completely cooked through.
4. Spread washed and prepped potatoes and carrots in a large cookie sheet sprinkle with garlic parsley salt seasoning mix and black pepper. Toss the vegetables with olive oil. Make sure vegetable have a thin layer of olive oil. Bake as long as needed to cooked the veggies thoroughly.
5. Enjoy the succulent meal!